I used to completely loath cleaning my toilets. It was so much work (so i thought) that i would procrastinate before my husband could threaten to call the health department. One day, a friend of mine showed me that this routine that has helped me maintain my sanity by obtaining this dirty job done fast. She introduced me to the “15 minute bathroom cleaning routine” and my life has never been the same.
I was finally free of the drudgery of mildew and soap scum buildup. No longer tooth glue petrified in my faucets. This was the black ring around the bathtub that looked like a nicely placed pinstripe. I was finally free to let the door remain open when company came over. Wow! My loved ones didn’t recognize the room. They were stunned. I can honestly say that this room has become my pride and joy. My friends marvel in my cleaning prowess.
My toilet was so bad it took a little extra effort the very first time that i used the regular, but following the initial deep cleansing, it was a breeze. You also can overcome the toilet blues by following these easy and effective twelve measures.
1. Remove the knick knacks and place them in the hallway.
2. Eliminate the throw rugs and shake them out. Put them in the laundry room to be cleaned if needed.
3. Sweep or vacuum the floor.
4. Spray the counter top and let your cleaner.
5. Spray the mirror and wash it down.
6. Spray the toilet with cleaner out and indoors. Let the cleaner sit.
7. Go back to the counter top. Scrub and wash it down.
8. Spray the bath tub and shower down (you might not need to do this every week if your bath tub doesn’t get that dirty).
9. Scrub the inside of the toilet using a brush. Flush the toilet to wash the bowl. Wipe down the seat and rim of the bowl. Don’t forget the area behind the seat and also the outside of the toilet bowl and foundation.
10. Scrub the tub down and rinse.
Hint: if you wish to wash out the shower curtain you can wash it by itself in the washing machine in cold water on the delicate cycle. Throw into a bath towel to help wash the curtain wash. Remove it promptly and hang it back up in the shower to drip dry. Never put it in the drier.
11. If you have linoleum or tile, mop the floor. If the area is small, it is possible to spray on your cleaner directly on the ground and wipe it up with a sponge or cleaning cloth. Let dry for ten to fifteen minutes.
12. Put back the carpets and knick knacks. Assess your toilet paper provide. Put out fresh towels.
The entire process should take fifteen minutes, not counting the time to let the ground dry. It takes even less time if you neglect ‘t need to clean out the tub and shower. I only clean ours once a month since it doesn’t get that dirty because we utilize an after shower spray which keeps the soap scum from adhere into the shower surface.
There are two keys to a quick clean up: 1) allow the cleaner sit long enough to loosen the dirt up and then disinfect the surface. 2) clean the toilet every week. Select a day that is your toilet cleaning day and just do it. When you keep up in your cleansing it doesn’t become such an insurmountable project.
1) utility caddy to carry your supplies. The dollar store typically has these.
2) rubber cleaning gloves.
3) scrubber and sponge mix designed for cleaning the bathroom.
4) window cleaner.
5) all-purpose cleaner.
6) an old toothbrush to get at those hard to reach places.
7) one roll of paper towels.
8) pumice stone for hard water build up in the toilet bowl.
9) toilet brush (unless you keep one in every toilet like i do).
That’s it. Happy cleaning! stanleysteemer.club/ will enlighten you on every aspect about cleaning.